Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

So Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays.  How special to have a day a year we can pretend to be a superhero or fairy princess!  Once I started dental school it became a running joke- one of my more favorite holidays was a favorite for the cavity factor.  Obviously there could be nothing further from the truth.  I even limit the number of water bottles my kids consume rather than tap water due to the lack of flouride!  As an orthodontist November 1st is now my least favorite day of the year and has been dubbed "ortho emergency day".  I'm all for healthy snacks and treats, but like the Obamas realize there has to be some flexibility- it is Halloween after all!  PLEASE take care tonight reviewing your "loot"  Things like M and M's, Reeses, chocolate bars with out nuts are fine.  Avoid carmels, sticky Starbursts, Now and Laters, Sugar Daddies etc.  They pull "tricks" on your precious braces.  Have fun, be safe, be careful about what you are eating and if you are a superhero or fairy princess make sure to leave the world a bit better for the rest of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment